how it all began...

What a roller coaster ride life can be. What a roller coaster ride the past year has been!

April 2nd 2010: The day I met the love of my life, and the father of my to be Identical Twins.
Five months later and we are living together and expecting the babies I was told I might never have.

Hello. My name is Amy. I'm 23 years old and 4 months pregnant with my two beautiful Identical Twins. As of yet we are not 100% sure what sex they are, but either way they will be loved like no others. They are the worlds most precious little people and I cannot wait to meet them! I was told at a young age that the likelyhood of me having childeren was low and as much as I resigned myself to the fact I never let it get me down. I met the babies father the day I started my new job and from the moment I saw him I fell in love. Like all relationships we've had our ups and downs and I guess we are experiencing life at a very fast pace, but we both knew we wanted to be together and we are both so delighted to be having these two beautiful children.
The day I found out I was pregnant was the most fantastic day of my life! And I was so unsure I believed it I did a total of 9 tests before I would accept I was in fact pregnant. I had found out at just 2 weeks and for medical reasons I was able to have an early scan at just 5 weeks. What a nervous day that was! There was nothing more reassuring than seeing that tiny little heart beating on the screen, just one tiny pixel was all I needed to fall in love with my beautiful baby! I was asked to return to the scan centre at 7 weeks for a second scan to make sure the baby was growing well and implanting in my womb, it was at that scan that, after my partner joking about seeing an extra baby, we descovered our second baby! This was just amazing, tears rolling down his face made me realise just how much I adore this man! Two babies! And I was told I couldnt have even one! How fantastic is that!

From then to now life has been a roller coaster ride and I have another 5 months of my pregnancy left. I decided to write a blog to share my thoughts, feelings and apprehensions, hopefully to learn through others who pass by this page and to be a friend to those who are also experiencing the twin journey!

So, the love and life bit of my blog I have experienced. It's the multiple Birth bit that I'm learning as my pregnancy goes on. But I am so excited!

For now, here are my two beautiful children, who I cannot wait to meet.


Mummy Amy x

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment